– Schools must be full members of the NZ Area Schools Association
– Students must have been enrolled in and attended a New Zealand Area School within the last 12
months and have attained the achievement whilst enrolled in an Area School
– Students who are nominated must be enrolled in a full member Area School in the year of
nomination and either has left school or remain enrolled in an Area School
– Schools are able to nominate students based on the criteria
– Achievements can be recognised over any field of endeavour at the highest level and could include
o NZQA Scholarship success
o National Sporting Representation
o National Cultural Achievements
o Ability to overcome barriers/hardship
– It is expected that all nominees have shown good citizenship at school and their community
– Awardees would be requested to provide a brief bio, a statement of the achievement and a
photo/video caption related to their achievement.
– From the list of nominations, the Executive will award a number of awards which fit the criteria.
– Honours awards will be published on the website and in the handbook.
Nominations Close – Friday the 14th of August 2020
If you would like to nominate a student for an excellence award please complete this Google form.
Student Award Winners
Award winners over the years include: